ID: 7057849 (Ref.No. 0307810CK)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Pediatrics – Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition section is seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Gastroenterologist. Physicians in the Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition treat children suffering from a wide range of intestinal, liver, pancreatic and nutritional disorders. This Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital program is one of the largest and busiest in the United States with a broad spectrum of clinical practice including some of the most complex in our specialty. This position will primarily provide care for patients on the Medical Center Campus.
Responsibilities may include expanded responsibility for the in-patient clinical services and the out-patient neurogastroenterology/motility programs. Out-patient responsibilities may include all aspects of our specialty with opportunities for routine and advanced procedural work.
Baylor College of Medicine is a health sciences university that creates knowledge and applies science and discoveries to further education, healthcare, and community service locally and globally. With over 1200 faculty, the department of pediatrics is ranked as one of the nation’s largest, most diverse, and most successful pediatric programs.
Texas Children’s Hospital is leading pediatric medicine locally and internationally. Located in Houston, Texas, the hospital is a not-for- profit organization whose mission is to create a healthier future for children and women throughout our global community by leading in patient care, education, and research.
Houston is the fourth most populous city in the United States, with a thriving intellectual and cultural environment that is an international leader in arts, education, healthcare, and cuisine.
- Outpatient clinical care for children with all types of intestinal, hepatic, pancreatic and nutritional disorders. Evening and/or weekend hours may be scheduled on a limited basis.
- Inpatient care, consultation and emergency room consultation for children with all types of intestinal, hepatic, pancreatic and nutritional disorders.
- Pediatric Gastrointestinal Procedures (e.g. upper endoscopy and colonoscopy with related therapeutic procedures)
- Night and weekend call for the Texas Children’s Hospital Medical Center Campus Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Practice.
- Minimum Education: M.D. or D.O., completion of an ACGME approved fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology (or equivalent) and board-eligible in Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Specialized training in the cognitive and procedural aspects of pediatric neurogastroenterology and motility is preferred.
- Minimum Job Experience: Related experience required.
- Minimum Certification/Licenses/Registration: Licensed by the Texas Medical Board.
- Relevant visa if required.