ID: 7057862 (Ref.No. 179534CK)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) has one full time position open at the rank of Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in the Section of Psychology, Department of Pediatrics, BCM. This position is dedicated to and will practice wholly within the Trauma and Grief (TAG) Center in the Psychology Service at Texas Children’s Hospital.
The ideal candidate will participate in research and program development focusing on immigration trauma among children and families from Spanish- speaking countries. This faculty position will also involve direct care and training/supervision of direct care for unaccompanied minors and/or undocumented children and families who have experienced traumas and losses. Research and clinical work will take place both 'in house' within the Trauma and Grief Clinic as well as within the TAG Center's dedicated therapy mobile unit. This work will heavily involve partnerships with interdisciplinary team members and community organizations to provide high quality evidence-based assessment and treatment among hard-to-reach populations.
- Clinical Psychologist licensed or license eligible in TX
- Training and experience in using evidence-based treatments with traumatized and/or grieving youth and adults
- Experience in working with immigrant families
- Fluent in Spanish
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong track record with regard to empirical research and extramural funding