ID: 7057875 (Ref.No. 203526KP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Coordinates day-to-day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. Supervises, schedules and directs the activities of less experienced research personnel.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.* May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol. *Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants. Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
Required: Five years of relevant experience.
- Working Conditions and Occupational Risks: Work is located in busy patient clinics, hospitals, office areas, and/or laboratories where there are potential exposures to blood borne pathogens (blood &/or other potentially infectious materials), drugs, chemicals, radiation, and physical hazards. Patient interaction and interaction with other employees is required.