ID: 7057876 (Ref.No. 213713KP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As an affiliate of Baylor College of Medicine-Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers (TXCH) at Texas Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric cancer center in the United States, and the #1 pediatric cancer center in Texas. The nationally acclaimed children’s clinic, along with the research and drug development programs, is considered by U.S. News & World Report to be among the best children’s hospitals for cancer. As a recognized leader in translating break-through research findings from the laboratory into the clinic, we are at the forefront of childhood cancer research with over 350 researchers in 38 laboratories performing cutting-edge science. The Sr. Research Coordinator is responsible for implementing and coordinating the day to day activities of multiple clinical research protocols, both therapeutic and non-therapeutic. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers. Serves as a liaison between subject, investigators, sponsors and other relevant healthcare professionals who are part of the research or patient care team. Under general supervision performs research coordination duties for cooperative, pharmaceutical and investigator-initiated studies. Tasks require a high level of organizational skills and the exercise of discretion and ability to ask the right questions to determine proper course of action while following established standards.
- May schedule research subject appointments for tests and procedures, such as laboratory tests, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Performs the subject consent process for biology, procurement and registry studies.
- May conduct patient interviews to evaluate patient eligibility in study.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- Coordinates specimen collection and submission from collaborating institutions and patients.
- Documentation: Maintains records for clinical study and regulatory documents.
- Prepares study-specific reports and queries for investigators and administrators.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Collaborates with study team to assist in determining patient eligibility for research protocols.
- May recruit, advertise, and screen for research patients.
- Time Management/Work Prioritization:
- Effectively prioritizes and manages work activities according to study protocol.
- Consults with team to ensure study time-points are met.
- Volunteers to assist team with overflow duties.
- Seeks guidance from Clinical Research Manager for additional assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; Four years of relevant work related experience in a research or health care setting can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Five years of relevant experience in a research or health care setting with Bachelor's degree or Nine years of relevant experience in a research or health care setting without a Bachelor's degree.
Preferred: Master's degree in a related field.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with computer spreadsheets.
- Ability to understand and implement patient studies and protocols.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to coordinate research studies.