ID: 7057880 (Ref.No. 310485KP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
In collaboration with the RRO, develops and documents policies and procedures for grants administration within the section. Ensures pre-award grant submission processes and required approvals for submission of grant applications are in place for all research faculty. Works directly with faculty to prepare grant and contract submissions; performs all pre-award activities as necessary including budget preparation and submission of grant applications through the College’s electronic Biomedical Research and Assurance and Information Network (BRAIN).
- Prepares progress reports on grant applications.
- Reviews financial reports with faculty and leadership on a monthly basis.
- May negotiate industry-sponsored contracts, including clinical trial agreements, sponsored research agreements, and material transfer agreements.
- Maintains billing information for clinical trials for the section within the CTMS financial module.
- Serves as an information resource related to grants and contracts for faculty, fellows, and staff.
- Follows federal, state, and Baylor policies, procedures, and guidelines that apply to grants and funding.
- Serves as information resource for faculty, students, and staff, particularly regarding funding opportunities.
- Prepares outgoing subcontracts and reviews incoming subcontracts.
- Works with faculty to maintain/create grant budgets each year for all grants or subcontracts housed within the Section.
- Maintains an updated list of grant accounts, number of awards, faculty effort on grants, number of submissions, or other statistics related to grant reporting as requested by leadership.
- Works with leadership to maintain accurate CART distribution for faculty.
- Prepares/manages/updates all HR actions related to research personnel within SAP.
- Oversees or performs check requests/journal vouchers/money transfers etc related to research as needed.
- Prepares Baylor Annual Research Budget along with leadership.
- Manages time and effort reporting for the section and updates all effort changes in SAP system.
- Tracks effort in project tracking system.
- Performs all post-award activities as necessary (including account set up, financial reporting, grant close out).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. No substitution of experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Three years directly related experience or one year directly related experience and an advanced degree.
Preferred: Certification by the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA).