ID: 7057881 (Ref.No. 311412SV)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
To plan, organize and direct research projects.
DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY: Routine decisions including those related to implementation of policies in coordination with Basic Science Research Program Director and/or Basic Science Research Program Assistant Director.
PATIENT CARE PROVIDER RESPONSIBILITY: Indirect.
Responsibility A: Conduct research on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Defines problems and possible solutions as dictated by the research project.
- Establishes procedures to be applied for projects.
- Designs, develops, or adapts equipment or software used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
- Performs those procedures which require a highly developed technical skill.
- Analyzes data and interprets data.
- Compiles, writes, and submits project results to the principle investigator.
- Develops and modifies computer programs.
Responsibility B: Lab and group management.
- Reviews scientific literature.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is knowledge of biological analysis, image analysis, and software for image analysis, quantitative and qualitative analysis, tabulation of data, equipment calibration, and standard laboratory equipment.
Skills required for completely satisfactory performance in this job are the following skills:
- Operation of non-clinical MRI instruments.
- Pulse programming.
- Image analysis techniques.
- Standard software for image analysis including, but not limited to:
- A high level programming language
- Biological Assays
- Quantitative Analysis
- Qualitative Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Equipment Calibration
- Technical Writing Experience
- Standard Laboratory Equipment
- Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of post doctoral research experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. This position may include work involving potentially hazardous chemical, biological or radioactive agents.