ID: 7057891 (Ref.No. 274685SM)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Center for Drug Discovery https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/drug- discovery)is a strategic research center established at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston. The mission of the Center for Drug Discovery is to establish novel discovery technologies that enable rapid and cost-effective drug discovery within the academic community.
We are seeking highly skilled and motivated scientists with expertise in biochemistry, recombinant protein production, and/or biochemical assay methodologies to join the Center for Drug Discovery. Central to our vision is the continued establishment of a small-molecule discovery platform using a DNA-encoded chemistry approach. The team, led by scientists with drug discovery experience in academia and the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, is looking to recruit additional biochemists and chemical biologists.
Baylor College of Medicine is located in the world- renowned Texas Medical Center and offers a highly interactive environment and a strong infrastructure for research and career development. As a member of this multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Participate in early stage drug discovery efforts in collaboration with biological scientists throughout the academic community, with a goal of bringing new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary lead-finding project teams by engaging in the following activities: produce and purify recombinant proteins; design, screen, and synthesize DNA-encoded chemical libraries; and/or evaluate compounds for efficacy in vitro and/or in vivo.
- Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of post doctoral research experience.
- Applicants should submit their CV and names of three references.
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline.
- Four years of hands-on laboratory experience in biochemistry, recombinant protein technology, and/or a related field and a track record of quality publications and/or patents in these areas.
- Experience with one or more of the following: protein production in bacterial, baculovirus, and/or mammalian expression systems; and/or protein expression platforms, purification systems, analytical, and affinity techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.