ID: 7057904 (Ref.No. 303876CK)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: TCH Pavilion for Women and Affiliated Hospitals, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS) Title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Baylor College of Medicine seeks a clinically talented urogynecologist to contribute to continued growth of the FPMRS Division. The faculty member will primarily participate in clinical activity at the Texas Children’s Hospital Pavilion for Women within the Texas Medical Center as well as nearby affiliate clinical sites to support the department mission and goals for patient care, research, education, and public service.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within and outside the Department to foster interdisciplinary clinical and research development.
- Strengthen urogynecology clinical programs and engage in outreach with strategic partners of Baylor College of Medicine to promote division expansion of the clinical service line.
- Provide teaching and supervision of residents and medical students and support our clinical and educational programs, including assisting with the establishment of a FPMRS fellowship.
- Enhance the division’s national reputation in research and scholarship. Participate in all aspects of Baylor’s academic mission (i.e.: teaching, supervision of residents and involvement in academic and administrative committees).
- M.D. or equivalent, board certification in urogynecology and licensed to practice medicine in Texas at the time of appointment.
- Significant experience in professional clinical practice, provision of urogynecology services, clinical supervision and instruction of medical residents and students, and demonstrated laparoscopic or robotic urogynecology surgical skill set.
- Established record of clinical, research and educational scholarship.