ID: 7057942 (Ref.No. 307947CK)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: Harris Health - Generalist Division
The Division of Gynecologic and Obstetric Specialists in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Board Certified Obstetrician Gynecologist faculty with a primary focus on the inpatient care of obstetric patients at Ben Taub Hospital, Houston, TX. Ben Taub Hospital provides care for the medically underserved patient population of Harris County and is the primary educational site for Baylor College of Medicine with approximately 4, 000 annual deliveries.
Specifically, the OBGYN faculty member will have primary responsibility for supervision of physician learners and the care of patients in the following venues:
- Obstetric triage
- Obstetric operating room: scheduled cesarean deliveries
- Labor and Delivery: managing labor and performing deliveries
- Rotational attending coverage of prenatal and gynecologic ambulatory clinics
- Approximately one gynecologic OR day a month
- Three to four 12 hour in house calls per month. Physicians are not assigned clinical or divisional responsibilities post call.
Applicants should be competent in operative vaginal delivery, vaginal delivery of twins, and the medical and surgical management of obstetric hemorrhage. Academic Rank will be commensurate with experience and subject to approval by Baylor College of Medicine.
We require you to have an unrestricted Texas Medical license and be fully credentialed prior to the start of your employment
Minimum Education: M.D. Minimum Job Experience: Related experience required.