ID: 7057949 (Ref.No. 308707KLR)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: Harris Health Clinics
This faculty position with the Department of Family & Community Medicine will provide patient care at various practices as a floater on a full-time basis. Duties include direct patient care and occasional participation in the teaching of medical students. It is essential for the faculty member to practice evidence-based medicine with emphasis on outcomes. Rank is commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES - Faculty members are expected to demonstrate competency in each of the following areas:
• Interview and evaluate patients.
• Develop a treatment plan for continuity and day clinics patients.
• Meet or exceed productivity levels established by department management.
• Participate in routine clinical meetings held with the immediate work group.
• Maintain required certifications and licensing.
• Achieve competence using EPIC Electronic Medical Record system, enter data into EMR, and document all patient encounters.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner to enable billing operations, orders for diagnostic services, and referrals to specialists.
• Meet or exceed all quality indicators as developed and assigned by the department and community health program performance improvement committee.
• Maintain professional relationships with students, faculty, ancillary and administrative staff.
• Complete all professional billing and appropriate credentialing paperwork ahead of their expiration dates.
Minimum Education: Medical Doctor Diploma
Job Experience: Residency Training in Family or Internal Medicine.
Minimum Certification/Licenses/Registration: License from Texas Medical Board required to practice medicine in the state of Texas. Board Certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine required except for applicants within 4 years of residency completion.
For further information or questions, please contact Roger Zoorob, MD, MPH at Roger.Zoorob@bcm.edu.