ID: 7057950 (Ref.No. 308708KLR)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: Gulfgate Community Health Clinic, 7550 Office City Drive, Houston, TX 77012 Job Description: This is a faculty position with the Department of Family & Community Medicine to provide patient care services at one of the facilities staffed and managed by Harris Health System (HHS), or an agency of the County in support of the departmental mission. This position is .80cFTE/4 days per week. Duties include direct patient care and participation in the education of medical students or residents. It is essential for the faculty member to support practicing evidenced based medicine. The practice is a certified patient centered medical home. Academic rank is commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES - Faculty members are expected to demonstrate competency in each of the following areas:
• See and evaluate patients.
• Develop a treatment plan for continuity patients.
• Physician productivity needs to meet or exceed the levels established by department management.
• Participate in all routine clinical meetings held with the immediate work group.
• Maintain required certifications and licensing.
• Become familiar with Electronic Medical Record system, enter data into EMR, and develop a level of competency to document all patient encounters.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner to enable billing operations.
• Orders for diagnostic services, and referrals to specialists.
• Be an active member of a clinical group practice.
• Share call responsibilities within the clinical group and provide medical care to the patients of other providers when they are not available.
• Attend the required number of FCM Medical Grand Rounds.
• Meet or exceed all quality indicators as developed and assigned by community health program performance improvement committee.
• Maintain professionalism in relationships with students, faculty, ancillary and administrative staff.
• All professional billing and appropriate credentialing paperwork must be completed/renewed well ahead of their expiration.
Minimum Education: M.D.
Minimum Job Experience: Residency training in family medicine
Minimum Certification/Licenses/Registration: License from Texas Medical Board certification in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics. Board Certification required to practice medicine in the state of Texas.
For further information or questions, please contact Roger Zoorob, MD at Roger.Zoorob@bcm.edu.