ID: 7057963 (Ref.No. 297789CK)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Location: Austin, Texas
Texas Children’s Hospital is looking for a Pediatrician – Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition to help Texas Children’s open a new Specialty Care facility in Austin that will serve the unmet needs of the growing population of children who live in the Austin area. We are looking for a strong clinical practitioner who has an entrepreneurial spirit and who would enjoy building a new specialty care model for the city through innovative approaches and establishing the very best pediatric care in Austin.
- Focus on providing the best patient care, based on rigorous evidence- based medicine and current research supplemented by extensive clinical experience
- Excitement about leveraging Texas Children’s expertise and reputation in caring for the children of Austin
- Drive to build a practice from the ground up, rather than relying upon an established infrastructure
- Ability to understand the long-term vision of care/research/education, while focusing for the first few years on practice-building
- Eagerness to be an entrepreneur, while also committed to the vision of academic medicine in the long-term (care, education and research)
- Provide high quality, patient-centered gastroenterology care and services via outpatient clinical care, inpatient coverage and inpatient consultation for children with all types of intestinal, hepatic, pancreatic and nutritional disorders.
- Define, build and support new clinical care models in Austin through collaboration with other sub-specialty providers and leaders
- Build networks and relationships that will promote and grow gastroenterology services and Texas Children’s Austin strategy and brand awareness
- Provide leadership, subject matter expertise, and representation for gastroenterology within the new specialty care center and throughout the community
- Model and cultivate Texas Children’s culture and commitment to our patients and each other, and Baylor College of Medicine’s dedication to medical care and research.
- The position will also involve collaborative clinical activities at Texas Children’s Hospital on the Medical Center Campus in Houston, Texas
- Night call for Austin based outpatient clinical practice and hospital associated Texas Children’s Hospital Austin Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Practice.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted Texas medical license.
- Completion of an ACGME approved fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology (or equivalent).
- Board-certified in Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- At least five years active full time clinical practice in Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- Proficiency in all routine Pediatric Gastroenterological procedures including but not limited to upper endoscopy with biopsy, foreign body removal, hemostasis, colonoscopy with biopsy and polyp removal
Compensation: A comprehensive and competitive compensation package corresponding to the candidate’s experience and qualifications will be offered.