ID: 7058022 (Ref.No. 43642KLR)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Baylor College of Medicine’s (BCM) Joseph Barnhart Department of Orthopedic Surgery Faculty Group Practice (FGP) is seeking a full-time board- certified, spine fellowship trained, orthopedic surgeon.
BCM is a non- profit organization and offers the unique prospect for both academic and clinical opportunities. As a recognized leader of quality care, BCM continually strives to expand its medical services and technology. Care for patients is provided in the southeast corner of the Texas Medical Center, at the new Baylor McNair campus (7200 Cambridge), VA hospital, Ben Taub Hospital, as well as other designated satellite locations. The department provides comprehensive care in Orthopedics.
This position includes:
• Unity with a growing practice that offers sub-specialty care in all areas of orthopedics • Texas Medical Center spans 3 miles • Proficiency in minimally invasive surgery preferred • Competitive base salary and production bonus options • Comprehensive benefits • Provide occurrence-based malpractice coverage • Physical Therapy on-site • Daily resident interaction and active participation in curriculum development and implementation Minimum Qualifications: Medical degree from an accredited medical school. License to practice medicine in the State of Texas. Completion of orthopedic surgery residency training and spine fellowship training from programs certified by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery board within 12 months of beginning employment.
• Experience in providing medical care in an academic setting or equivalent practice. • Experience in using an electronic medical record, EPIC preferred. • Experience teaching in an accredited program. • Evidence of effective communication skills in collaboration with group practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement plans to ensure comprehensive, timely, and high quality patient care services with maximum operating efficiency.
• Participate in hospital and community outreach activities to promote department and BCM.
• Ensure safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
• Promote individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency
• Support department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization.
• Serve as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced faculty and staff.