Baylor College of Medicine is making significant investments in the transformational vision for an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence capabilities to support its missions. Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, the responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to working directly with a variety of customer groups, end users, management and IT team members to identify and deliver on improved enterprise reporting and analytics capabilities. This position will also be involved in the development of roadmaps, standardization and implementation of technologies with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the enterprise data warehouse while engaging in the support and development of new solutions on a continual basis. Also responsible for applying analytical and technical expertise to interact with functional teams, understand requirements, and deliver intelligent, pragmatic designs.
- Performs hands-on development work using tools and systems such as SAP Business Objects, Power BI, SAP HANA, Qlik, etc.
- Applies sound data warehousing design skills (data modeling, ETL, metric infrastructure).
- Interacts directly with customers to understand data needs.
- Performs source data analysis to develop ETL and/or data delivery solutions that meet business needs.
- Analyzes data and relationships to design sound data structures and models.
- Creates dashboards and data delivery mechanisms that further the mission of the College.
- Mines through large amounts of data to perform expedient data reconciliation.
- Recommends best practices.