Internal Title: Access and Revenue Cycle Architect Level I
External Title: Epic Architect I – Professional Billing
The Access and Revenue Cycle Architect Level I provides comprehensive technical and operational direction and support for Epic Access and Revenue Cycle Applications to Baylor College of Medicine clinical operations and Baylor affiliated institutions. This position will also perform project management and implementation activities within Epic Access and Revenue Cycle applications.
- Manages projects, implementation activities and optimization of access and revenue cycle applications.
- Participates in communication with patient access and revenue cycle staff and Baylor-affiliated institutions related to assessing and defining operational workflow, system requirements and solutions.
- Performs workflow analyses and recommends process changes to enhance departmental productivity.
- Seeks out best practices and configurations of system build that support the goals of the organization/department.
- Seeks out newly released functionality that can be utilized by the organization. Additionally, can clearly express and understand the benefits and risks of adopting newly released functionality.
- Coordinates across applications on integrated areas and workflows.
- Develops documentation including specifications, interface maps, project plans and timelines, standards, policies, procedures, and task and issues logs.
- Provides application analysis and support, system integration, interface integration or customized application solutions for Epic patient access and revenue cycle applications, used throughout the clinical departments.
- Provides applicable patient access and revenue cycle expertise, mentoring, and other support as needed.
- Provides detailed analysis, validation and change control within Epic revenue cycle and access applications as assigned.
- Coordinates application testing when appropriate.
- Performs system upgrades, enhancements, and modifications.