Division: Pediatrics (80001016)
Department: Pediatrics - Diabetes and Endocrinology (90002431)
Employment Duration: Full-time
Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
Baylor (www.bcm.edu) is recognized as one of the nation’s premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, and healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world's largest medical center (Texas Medical Center), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates (Baylor Affiliates).
The Department of Pediatrics–Endocrinology is seeking a highly-qualified physician with expertise in clinical care related to treatment of type 1 diabetes and other endocrine disorders.
Assignments include to:
- Provide clinical care for patients with type 1 diabetes, as well as other endocrine and metabolic illnesses.
- Provide high quality, safe, evidence based, efficient, and patient-centered care.
- Attend EPIC EMR training and follow Faculty Group Practice policies for use of the EMR, Meaningful Use, closing patient encounters, and required documentation.
- When applicable, adhere to clinical care guidelines, algorithms and pathways for diabetes and endocrinology patients as determined by Baylor College of Medicine.
- Participate in identifying patients eligible for active clinical trials in the Section.
- Participate in implementing quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the Section’s education activities either in person, via videoconference, or webcasts.
- Participate in all of the Section’s faculty meetings.
- Minimum Education: M.D. or equivalent, or MD/PhD
- Minimum Certification/Licensure: Licensed by the Texas Medical Board
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.