Provides advanced secretarial and office administration support.
- Coordinates the daily office activities.
- Assists director and/or manager in preparing and analyzing budgets, merit pay recommendations, as well as assisting during the interviewing/hiring process
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and/or grant applications and maintains the current status of the same with respect to funds available and obligated.
- Schedules and arranges department and committee meetings including the preparation of meeting notices and agendas.
- Maintains calendar.
- Determines work priorities and monitors progress toward work deadlines.
- Composes, types, and proofs finished copies of confidential correspondence.
- Answers the telephone and gives information to callers or takes messages; places outgoing calls.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Maintains regular and follow-up files and confidential data, and collects information needed by supervisor for conferences and reports.
- Develops and monitors department record keeping and filing systems.
- May act as liaison with other departments and external organizations.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. with specialized training in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Five years secretarial experience.
Position is located at TCH Feigin Tower.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.