Duties include direct patient care for the lung cancer screening and tobacco cessation program participants as well primary care duties. It is essential for the faculty member to practice evidence-based medicine with emphasis on outcomes. Rank is commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: Faculty members are expected to demonstrate competency in each of the following areas:
• Interview and evaluate patients.
• Develop a treatment plan for continuity and day clinics patients.
• Meet or exceed productivity levels established by department management.
• Participate in routine clinical meetings held with the immediate work group.
• Maintain required certifications and licensing.
• Achieve competence using EPIC Electronic Medical Record system, enter data into EMR, and document all patient encounters.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner to enable billing operations, orders for diagnostic services, and referrals to specialists.
• Meet or exceed all quality indicators as developed and assigned by the department and community health program performance improvement committee.
• Maintain professional relationships with students, faculty, ancillary and administrative staff.
• Complete all appropriate credentialing paperwork ahead of their expiration dates.