ID: 7061898 (Ref.No. 10004564)
Posted: October 25, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A Research Associate II position is available in the CAR T Cell Therapeutics Research Laboratory. This is a fast-paced lab involved in cutting edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs. We will train new personnel in project specific techniques and procedures. Work hours may vary. Please apply online for consideration.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Tissue culture including application of aseptic techniques for media compounding, passaging, maintenance and cryopreservation of cell cultures (e.g., T cell lines); flow cytometric characterization of T cell and tumor cell lines and; performance of T cell functional assays (e.g., cytotoxicity and cytokine production assays) and ELISAs;
- Murine surgical procedures and tissue harvesting/preparation;
- Assisting in revising/maintaining lab protocols;
- Providing routine lab support and maintenance activities in the spirit of GLP.
See the lab web page for an overview of research interests at: http://www.cityofhope.org/people/forman-stephen&view=research
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Requires a BS or MS in Biological Sciences or a related field, plus 2 years of post-degree research experience, or 1 year of post-degree experience with Masters degree.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in lab work as well as accurate record keeping and lab documentation are a must.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Master's degree.
- Hands-on experience with cellular immunology and standard good laboratory practices (GLP) desired.
- Priority will be given to candidates with previous experience in GLP tissue culturing and sterile techniques.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.