ID: 7061971 (Ref.No. 10003985)
Posted: November 28, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions in the T Cell Immunotherapy Program, Priceman Lab which investigates research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational
institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Immediate need for a Research Associate I at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope. This is a fast-paced laboratory involved in cutting-edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs. We will train new personnel in project specific techniques and procedures. Work hours may vary. See the CAR T Cell Therapy Program website at City of Hope:
- Tissue culture including application of aseptic techniques for media compounding, passaging, maintenance and cryopreservation of cell cultures (e.g., T cell and tumor cell lines);
- Mouse handling for tumor injections, noninvasive imaging (Xenogen) and tissue harvesting/preparation for immunohistochemistry and flow cytometric analysis;
- Genetic modification, cloning, and characterization of T cells;
- Performance of T cell functional assays (e.g., flow cytometry, ELISA, western blotting);
- Assisting in revising/maintaining standard operating procedures.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- BS in Biological Sciences or a related field.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in lab work as well as accurate record keeping and lab documentation is a must.
- Excellent computer skills.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
- Hands-on experience in academic or industry laboratory, a plus.
- Priority will be given to candidates with previous experience in mouse handling, sterile techniques and tissue culturing.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.