Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7062092 (Ref.No. 1980)
Posted: November 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Library Services (Dist-PTF-087)
Click here for current Salary Schedules
Commensurate with education.
Perform Librarian duties as assigned.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates expertise in academic reference services, using current technologies such as chat reference and email, to provide in-depth research assistance to students.
Demonstrates strong presentation/teaching skills, and is able to prepare independently for general and subject-specific orientations and workshops.
Demonstrates expertise in online instruction and is familiar with learning management systems such as Blackboard and Canvas.
Demonstrates aptitude for customer service that addresses students’ diverse needs.
Is able to communicate with staff and students in a clear, professional, and friendly manner.
Works comfortably with a variety of library users in a diverse and multi-cultural workplace.
Is prepared to assist in other professional duties as needed e.g., collection development.
Is able to work daytime, evening, and Saturday hours.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree in library science, library and information science OR the equivalent from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990), OR
3. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 above. (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials).
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
All interested applicants must complete an online Part Time Academic Application located on our Employment Web site at https://jobs.socccd.edu. All required documents must also be submitted (may be attached online). Any inquiries may be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
SOCCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Resume / CV
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 2
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1