Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7062094 (Ref.No. 1961)
Posted: May 6, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Click here for current Salary Schedules
Commensurate with education.
Provide individual and group counseling for students with academic, career, and personal concerns.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct student orientation and advisement sessions and help students in developing and achieving individual educational plans. Assist students in defining personal and educational goals. Create an environment conducive to student development, self-awareness, and self-direction. Develop proficiency and maintain competency in the use of computer applications used in counseling, teaching, and articulation-related activities. Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational process and in-service programs. Work with colleagues to develop and maintain quality counseling programs for students. Assignment may include day and evening hours. Be able to perform duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree (or higher) in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling, from an accredited college or university; OR California license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); OR
2. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 above. (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials); OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990).
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
All interested applicants must complete an online Part Time Academic Application located on our Employment Web site at https://jobs.socccd.edu. All required documents must also be submitted (may be attached online). Any inquiries may be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
SOCCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Resume / CV
- Transcript 2
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.