ID: 7062112 (Ref.No. 10004621)
Posted: November 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in
Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where
compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and
scientific research. City of Hope is a
National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding
member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the
nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care
for cancer treatment.
The Research Operations Analyst (OA) supports operational personnel and departmental personnel, including but not limited to: faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, and research associates within their department. The Research Operations Analyst typically reports directly to a Business Manager (BD). The OA is responsible for supporting the daily operations within the department(s) ensuring that objectives/deadlines are achieved by reviewing, monitoring and processing internal contracts and pre and post sponsored research awards. Additional responsibilities include: reviewing and approving intramural and extramural funded expenditures, managing programmatic activity with operational staff and Principal Investigators (PIs), and interacting with other central offices. The range of duties is broad and requires an understanding of the mission and goals of the City of Hope.
- Under the direction of BD/BM, coordinate personnel actions for department staff and/or faculty as requested including but not limited:
- New hire onboarding (visa requests, AccessNet, login ID, Outlook, etc.)
- NES onboarding (visa requests, AccessNet, login ID, Outlook, etc.)
- Deliver new employee departmental orientation
review processes (hard copy processes)
Prepare, analyze, and interpret financial reports for all budgets and expenses.
- Assist in departmental budget preparation/development by gathering, analyzing and reporting data and providing projections and recommendations as requested.
- Prepare Labor and Non-Labor Cost Transfers
- Support the project close out processes (clear encumbrances, close POs, closeout sub-awards, pay invoices, etc.)
- Meets with BM on a regular basis to update on status of reporting and monitoring.
- Under guidance, manage extramural funds (e.g., federal and non-federal funds, contracts, clinical trials, grants, gifts, endowments and other forms of financial support) and internal funds (e.g, Academic Improvement Funds, Academic Discretionary Funds, Salary Savings, endowments, and institutional operational budgets) through periodic reporting of financial position of each PI, regular and ad hoc reports for faculty trends including expenditure, grant income, resource allocation, and comprehensive forecasting of average spending. Report regular updates to BM/BD and PIs.
- Provide assistance by analyzing budget variances and data on cause of variances
- Assist BM with contract management, including contract workflow, new agreements and amendments.
- Assist with the preparation and management of institution chart-of-accounts including areas such as expenditure control, revenue monitoring and invoicing.
direction of the BM, assist with the implementation of long-range financial
plans, analyses, and recommends adjustments where appropriate.
- Work with BM, department chair, and PI's in proposal development (budgets, biosketches, etc.) and submission.
- Assist in preparation of post-award setup (budgets and associated project setup activities)
- Coordinate and assist in contract and grant administration purchasing, and expenditure control.
- Under the direction of the BM, monitor, and analyze information regarding operating policies and procedures.
- Process contracts within MediTract and ERP as needed, working with vendors, OSR, OTL, Contract Management, and Legal.
- Assist in management of API/ Grant Tracking system updates and submitting/ reporting personnel time and effort (e.g. TAR and quarterly effort reports)
- Assist BM to review accuracy of personnel time and effort reporting in ecrt system and work with OSR and PI to update/correct errors.) Effectively collaborate on a continual basis with Office of Sponsored Research and other collaborators.
spending on grants and approve orders (to verify appropriate funds are
- Assist in department business activities, including but not limited to: purchasing, facilities, travel, and reporting required by the institution.
- Assist and coordinate in areas of building and equipment safety and maintenance and other services.
lab safety training, lab coat services, and other general lab support.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills
required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree (any discipline).
- High School diploma or equivalent, and 6-8 years of experience in research administration may substitute for minimum education requirements.
years related experience in business administration and administrative analysis
(budgets, grant accounting, facility or personnel support).
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.