Title: Lead Clinical Information Systems Analyst
Division:Information Technology (80001028)
Department: Office of Information Technology - Clinical Systems (90004751)
Location: Houston (1100)
Salary Range: up to $125,000
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
Employment Duration: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Lead Clinical Information Systems Analyst provides strategic direction, analysis, support, maintenance, data integration and customized solutions for clinical applications and databases used throughout the Baylor College of Medicine clinical departments. Provides direction on project management and implementation activities for clinical systems related to the clinical practice.
- Provides application/database analysis and support, system integration, interface integration or customized application solutions for clinical applications used throughout the Baylor clinical departments.
- Provides direction on project management and implementation activities related to the implementation of clinical systems data. Accountable for successful project outcome.
- Facilitates communication with Baylor clinical staff and Baylor affiliated institutions related to assessing and defining operational workflow, system requirements and solutions. Provides clinical systems expertise, training, and other support as needed.
- Designs, develops and maintains custom clinical content for the practice management system, electronic medical records system or the interface engine application software as assigned.
- Provides in-depth analysis, validation and correction of data within clinical applications including IDX practice management systems, EMR, EMPI, Interface Engine application and associated modules as assigned.
- Performs application monitoring and planning, utilization tracking and reporting. Provides application/system tuning when appropriate.
- Provides secondary support to primary personnel to assist with supporting other application modules as needed.
- Manages system upgrades, enhancements, and modifications. Coordinates with Baylor-IT personnel and Baylor affiliated IT departments.
- Develops documentation including specifications, interface maps, project plans and timelines, standards, policies, procedures, and task and issues logs.
- Acts as operational/data liaison with Baylor departments to identify and resolve operational workflows issues related to technology, and issues related to data, data integrity, and interfaces.
- Provides technical and helpdesk support to Baylor clients and Baylor affiliated clients using or planning to use computing resources as needed.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Required: Five years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.