Duties include direct patient care and participation in the education of medical students, residents and fellows. Contribution to the Research mission would include leading or supporting grant funded research projects (e.g., NIH), and participation in selected Community-Oriented Primary Care (COPC) projects. It is essential for the faculty members to support practicing evidenced based medicine with an Emphasis on outcomes-based analysis.
Faculty members are expected to demonstrate competency in each of the following areas:
• See and evaluate patients.
• Develop a treatment plan for continuity patients.
• Physician productivity needs to meet or exceed the levels established by department management.
• Gradual ramping up of the patient volumes and productivity up to 100% of the production targets within the agreed period.
• Participate in all routine clinical meetings held with the immediate work group.
• Maintain required certifications and licensing.
• Become familiar with Electronic Medical Record system, enter data into EMR, and develop a level of competency to document all patient encounters.
• Complete all documentation in a timely manner to enable billing operations, orders for diagnostic services, and referrals to specialists.
• Be an active member of a clinical group practice.
• Faculty members are expected to share call responsibilities within the clinical group and provide medical care to the patients of other providers when they are not available; Attend the required number of FCM Medical Grand Rounds.
• Meet or exceed all quality indicators as developed and assigned by community health program performance improvement committee.
• Maintain professionalism in relationships with students, faculty, ancillary and administrative staff.
• All professional billing and appropriate credentialing paperwork must be completed/renewed well ahead of their expiration.