ID: 7062272 (Ref.No. 10004639)
Posted: November 7, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Program Coordinator provides administrative and programmatic support for the Department of Supportive Care Medicine research team in clinical, translational, and supportive care science. The Program Coordinator works with the research team in developing, coordinating, and implementing research activities within the Department of Supportive Care Medicine. This position helps support the research team (including principal investigators (PIs) and collaborating investigators and staff) collaborative efforts, through coordination of required organizational meetings and working groups necessary to meet timelines. The position has a high level of autonomy, collaborates with contributors across the organization (medical, administrative, research and support personnel), as well as collaborators from other institutions, and requires excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail, self-motivation and creativity.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible in assisting with the development, coordination and implementation of various research activities and projects associated with the submission and implementation of research grants.
- Prepares internal and external required paperwork for grant management.
- Assists in the submission of IRB protocols.
- Recruits and schedules research subjects; transcribes and codes data; assists with developing data collection tools; and manages data files.
- Helps develop, design and conduct research projects according to plan, including planning new procedures, adapting existing procedures to the needs of the project, and making contributions to methodology.
- Conducts literature reviews.
- Provides administrative support for daily research operations.
Basic education, experience and skills
required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 3 or
more years of progressively responsible experience in a healthcare or research
environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.