ID: 7062426 (Ref.No. 10004637)
Posted: November 19, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A Research Associate II position is available in the laboratory of Keane Lai, M.D. at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope.
- Skillful in mouse survival surgery, tissue collection and processing, and maintenance of mouse colonies in accordance with approved IACUC protocols.
- Proficient in cell and molecular biology techniques, including primary cell culture, IHC/IF, RNA and DNA extraction and purification, RT-qPCR, qPCR, RNA-Seq, and mouse genotyping.
- Ability to design and execute experiments, interpret experimental results, and present data effectively.
- Performs a variety of routine and non-routine laboratory research experiments. Records and validates results for accuracy and completeness.
- Troubleshoots procedures if experiment results are unexpected or unsatisfactory. Recommends alternative procedures.
- Responsible for accurately recording work performed, including results and methodology. Calculates, compiles, and analyzes data obtained from work performed.
- Keeps abreast of new and improved techniques.
- Ensures that all laboratory activities are carried out in compliance with procedures, by utilizing safety procedures and guidelines in handling, storage, and disposal of biohazardous, infectious, and toxic material.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other lab members.
- Practices honesty and transparency and maintains research confidentiality.
- Has good work ethics.
- Performs other research-related duties as assigned by PI.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Must have a bachelor's degree and two years research/laboratory experience or have a Master's degree and one year research/laboratory experience.
- For more information on Dr. Lai's research, please visit:
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.