ID: 7062540 (Ref.No. 10004884)
Posted: December 18, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Provides research support, database development/maintenance and administrative assistance to the various Principal Investigators. Assists in the planning and coordination of research activities related to the database.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assists in compiling data and submits data on appropriate forms according to protocol requirements
- Participates in the collection efforts of study research specimens; handles and delivers specimens ensuring proper labeling.
- Tracks eligibility of patients accessioned into the database. Works with supervisor to ensure appropriate levels of quality are met.
- Assists in the daily operations of the department's research projects; identifies and communicates important data management issues to supervisor.
- Assists in the preparation of materials and activities involved in training and auditing the sites.
- Assists in preparations for data management training.
- Assists in the coordination and preparation for quality assurance site visits.
- Assists in the coordination and preparation for Committee meetings.
- Reports any logistical/coordination difficulties related to the project to the Clinical Research Administrator or Principal Investigator.
- Associate's Degree.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Relevant work experience.
- Medical Terminology, Writing, Computer.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.