ID: 7062774 (Ref.No. 10005041)
Posted: December 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Research Associate for process development of CAR T cell manufacturing in the T Cell Therapeutics Research Laboratory (TCTRL) overseen by Stephen Forman, M.D. The TCTRL is a fast-paced lab involved in cutting edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Involvement in the development, optimization and validation of CAR T manufacturing platforms to ensure the consistency, reproducibility, and quality of manufacturing products.
- This position will interact and collaborate with different groups from manufacturing, QA, QC and research scientists in developing T cell manufacturing process for clinical applications.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A BA or MS degree in life sciences, biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required. Two years of related experience with bachelor's degree; and one year of related experience with a master's degree.
- Research experience in process development, T cell biology, developmental biology and able to independently run different assays including but not limited to FACS, ELISA, and Cytotoxicity assay.
- Understanding the basic knowledge of cGMP, GLP and GDP.
- Use of DOE to effectively develop / optimize /validate projects in GLP environment in order to successfully meet project goals.
- Ability to critically interpret experimental results, finalize reports and present data in a clear and concise manner.
- Assisting in revising/maintaining TCTRL protocols and SOPs for process development /cGMP manufacturing.
- Assisting in the preparation of IND submissions, grant applications and scientific publications.
- Providing routine lab support and maintenance activities in the spirit of GLP.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Will ideally have experience in the field of T cell biology, assay development, and have the knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), particularly with experience in DOE for process development.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.