Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7062973 (Ref.No. P0001720)
Posted: August 10, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing, or business education from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND Master’s degree in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Bachelor’s degree in economics with a business emphasis AND Master’s degree in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree from an accredited college or university; OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1, 2 or 3 above (candidates making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other
required materials); OR
5. Valid California Community College Instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990).
• A minimum of two (2) years full-time (or part-time equivalent) recent and successful teaching experience in the field of business at the community college and/or university level.
• Experience teaching online courses.
Developing and using a Learning Management System, including use of publisher online courses.
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Experience in curriculum development of lower division courses, degrees, certificates and awards in business.
• Familiarity and practice in establishing, assessing, and reporting student learning outcomes and policies supporting program review, planning and curriculum development.
• Knowledge of Title V and Education Code as related to community college instruction.
• Demonstrated leadership working with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
Preference will be given those candidates who demonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Completion of significant course work from an accredited institution in the discipline of teaching and learning.
• Experience in building new academic programs and courses including curriculum development that meets the changing needs of employers and the business world.
• Completion of a professional course in online teaching.
• Experience using Canvas Learning Management System for online and enhanced instruction.
• An earned graduate degree in business administration or business education.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within teams or workgroups for program and institutional goal achievement.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Doc
- License or Certificate
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.