Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7062973 (Ref.No. P0001720)
Posted: January 9, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing, or business education from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND Master’s degree in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Bachelor’s degree in economics with a business emphasis AND Master’s degree in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree from an accredited college or university; OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1, 2 or 3 above (candidates making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other
required materials); OR
5. Valid California Community College Instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990).
• A minimum of two (2) years full-time (or part-time equivalent) recent and successful teaching experience in the field of business at the community college and/or university level.
• Experience teaching online courses.
Developing and using a Learning Management System, including use of publisher online courses.
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Experience in curriculum development of lower division courses, degrees, certificates and awards in business.
• Familiarity and practice in establishing, assessing, and reporting student learning outcomes and policies supporting program review, planning and curriculum development.
• Knowledge of Title V and Education Code as related to community college instruction.
• Demonstrated leadership working with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
Preference will be given those candidates who demonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Completion of significant course work from an accredited institution in the discipline of teaching and learning.
• Experience in building new academic programs and courses including curriculum development that meets the changing needs of employers and the business world.
• Completion of a professional course in online teaching.
• Experience using Canvas Learning Management System for online and enhanced instruction.
• An earned graduate degree in business administration or business education.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within teams or workgroups for program and institutional goal achievement.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Transcript 5
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Other Doc
- License or Certificate
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1