Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7064766 (Ref.No. 2020)
Posted: November 19, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
High School Equivalency (HSE) Noncredit (Adult Education) Part-Time Pool
Adult Education Pools
Click here for current Salary Schedules
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
The Part-Time HSE Instructor will teach lecture/lab split courses in the Interdisciplinary core subjects of Math and Language Arts. Assignments will include day and evening courses. Teaching assignments will be primarily at various teaching sites in South Orange County.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria (per Title 5, Section 53412):
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in any social science, humanities, mathematics, or natural science discipline or in liberal studies as appropriate for the course. OR
2. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
3. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of item 1 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must answer the 7 equivalency questions listed below.
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
All interested applicants must complete an online Part Time Academic Application located on our Employment Web site at https://jobs.socccd.edu. All required documents must also be submitted (may be attached online). Any inquiries may be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
SOCCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Resume / CV
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 2
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- License or Certificate
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.