ID: 7066543 (Ref.No. hlj_26143)
Posted: May 27, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Manager, Technology Services
- The primary role of the Manager of Technology Services is to manage, lead and influence the direction of IT computer and storage systems, data center and network architecture, and operations at the Moffitt Cancer Center.
- The Manager is responsible for allocation of projects and tasks and development of solutions for the Technology Operational Services.
- The Manager is well versed in project management, task oriented work, and responsibilities necessary to successfully keep Moffitt technology running and performing efficiently. He/she will also be responsible for mentoring staff in technical and professional growth.
The Ideal Candidate:
- To be successful, the Manager must possess a high degree of coordination, organization and general knowledge of technology in the software and hardware facilities commonly used in the organization. The Manager must have demonstrated communication skills and an effective, positive approach to customer relationships. The ability to forge strong working partnerships within Information Technology as well as with the business is critical. The ability to work at an enterprise-wide perspective is a must.
- Manages the day to day service activities for Run Operations Team
- Maintain team strategy
- Team Management
- Budget and Team forecasting
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Computer Science or Information Technology **
** -OR- Associate’s degree with an additional two (2) years of relevant technology experience plus the seven (7) years (for a total of 9 years) experience may be considered "in lieu" of a Bachelor’s degree.
** -OR- High School Diploma with an additional three (3) years of relevant technology experience plus the seven (7) years (for a total of 10 years) experience may be considered "in lieu" of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in technology roles providing storage systems support, data center development, network architecture implementation, and operations at both the functional and technical layers.
- PLUS three (3) years leadership experience as supervisor, team/project lead, manager or above is required (may be inclusive of other experience).
- Minimum of three (3) years working in healthcare IT team environment is required (may be inclusive of other experience).
- Master’s degree – Computer Science or Information Technology
- The Manager, Technology Services must also have a solid background in a business specialty, such as healthcare and experience with managing systems, vendor management, contract agreements, operations, and administration, etc.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.