ID: 7067145 (Ref.No. hlj_26270)
Posted: June 23, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
- Job Summary:
- The Management Assistant represents and supports the mission of Moffitt Cancer Center and the department, and applies effective organization and administrative skills to contribue to the efficient operation of the dedicated department/program/service.
- The Management Assistant achieves results by utilizing strong communication skills, both written and verbal, interpersonal skills including teamwork, and technical skills including organization and utilization of competencies in various software products.
- This position requires not only initiative, ownership and accountability but also a high degree of independence of action as well as the motivation to provide high-quality service.
- HS Diploma / GED (required)
- Associate's Degree (preferred
- Minimum Experience Required:
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date personal records for MDs, which include, but are not limited to: licensing, memberships, certifications, W-9, CVs, CME and PDF expenditures.
- Familiarty and knowledge of the Moffitt and USF promotion tenure process.
- Knowledge of PubMed & End Note to maintain publication listings and faculty CVs.
- Ability to mail-merge patient letters.
- Ability to draft and edit clear, concise and professional correspondence (Word documents such as e-mails, memos, etc.)
- Ability to manage multi-line phone and triage calls appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities to work under pressure to meet frequent deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take, transcribe and type meeting minutes in adherence to grammatical and spelling rules.
- Competent in MS Office suite to include capability to create professional level documentation.
- Demonstrated superior experience with MS Outlook calendaring complex calendar management, etc.
- Demonstrated superior keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical and business terminology.
- Must have an intermediate skill level of knowledge in minute taking (including writing and English grammar) and also MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, capable of self-direction, independence of action and the ability to exercise good judgement. Capability to perform assigned or self-initiated activities and independently resolve issues.
- Preferred, health care, academic and/or research environment.
- Required, minimum of 3 years' previous office, clerical and/or administrative experience.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.