ID: 7067149 (Ref.No. hlj_26240)
Posted: June 23, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Performance Manager is responsible for providing leadership in Quality, Productivity and daily operations of Managed Care Collections and actively identifies process improvement opportunities due to trends in administrative denials, billing issues, payer behavior and reimbursements.
- The Performance Manager serves as a resource and provides support to supervisors and their team members to ensure Managed Care Collections meets or exceeds departmental and organizational goals through ongoing staff education and training.
- A successful Performance Manager provides leadership and oversight to staff responsible for collections and will play an active role in the supervisory functions of hiring, evaluating, coaching and counseling staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have medical collections supervisory experience in a hospital or physician business office setting, directly responsible for collections.
- The candidate will be proficient with data analysis and quality evaluation
- Monitors the daily staffing and determines the coverage needs of the department.
- Monitors performance of staff and works with them to achieve goals.
- Oversees the training of new team members and that 30, 60 and 90 Day Reviews are being completed.
- Effectively leads the day-to-day functions for smooth and efficient function of the department.
- Ensures all team members are working all Worklists (WLs) timely and throughout the day and that timelines are being met. Reassigns work as needed.
- Ensures collection and recording in the appropriate systems of all data necessary for accurate reimbursement and compliant patient accounting.
- Routinely performs Quality Audits and provides timely feedback to team members.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and provides additional training and coaching.
- Actively assists manager in the hiring of team members; coaches and administers Corrective Action.
- Assesses and oversees staff evaluations and annual reviews, coaches, counsels and administers Corrective Action in an accurate, fair and timely manner.
- Actively communicates with other departments within Patient Financial Services and the Revenue Cycle.
- Monitors the timeliness of reports and logs
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – field of study: Healthcare Admin, Accounting, Business, Finance or other relevant discipline
- Five (5) years medical collections supervisory experience in a hospital or physician business office setting, directly responsible for collections.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, H.S. diploma and a minimum of ten (10) years related healthcare collections experience, with a minimum of five years collections supervisory experience.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.