ID: 7067851 (Ref.No. hlj_26508)
Posted: July 16, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Conflict of Interest (COI) Officer
- Overseeing the implementation, management and monitoring of conflicts of interest matters within the Moffitt Cancer Center.
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer in development, implementation and maintenance of the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Develop and recommend COI work plans and projects, and report conclusions and recommendations to ensure an effective, efficient and objective approach for evaluating and improving the COI activities of the Center.
- Direct, oversee and/or perform a variety of assignments to promote compliance with government rules and regulations and organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintain extensive and current knowledge of health care compliance in the area of conflicts of interest and provide education and training to appropriate staff.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability to interpret new laws and regulations and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Understands institutional risks and appropriate judgment to use a risk-based approach in planning and executing duties.
- Ability to work in both independent contributor and team roles (both as a team leader and team member).
- Ability to communicate complex and potentially sensitive issues to all levels of management including senior leadership. Exercises patients and consistency in approach and communications.
- Oversees and manages all components of the COI program in support of the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Analyzes and assesses the COI functions for the Center for potential compliance problems.
- Recommends, drafts, implements and monitors COI management plans. Staffs the Conflict Committee.
- Develops and presents compliance reports monthly, quarterly and annually to all levels of leadership in support of compliance program effectiveness.
- Interprets regulatory changes and determines applicable modifications to institutional policies and practices. Provides education and training to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and recommends compliance audit work plans based on risk assessment.
- Manages internal and external compliance staff; evaluates performance.
- Participates in responding to external audits, inquiries and investigations conducted by regulatory agencies.
- Develops and delivers appropriate Corporate Compliance education and training.
- Assists in documentation and evidencing an effective Corporate Compliance Program consistent with professional standards.
- Carries out investigations and recommend corrective actions when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Business, Health Care, Compliance or related field**In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, will consider candidates with a minimum of 10 years' experience, along with Certification in Health Care Compliance (CHC) or Research (CHRC)
- Compliance certification (Certification in Healthcare Compliance, Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance, Certified in Healthcare Research Compliance, or Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional)
- Five (5) years of previous healthcare compliance, research or healthcare consulting experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of conflict of interest regulations and requirements in an academic medical center setting.
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office, Electronic Health Records and the implementation of institutional applications.
- Knowledge of Soarian/Cerner Powerchart and Oncore applications
- Knowledge of COI Disclosure tracking systems
- Knowledge of Compliance 360
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.