ID: 7068175 (Ref.No. hlj_26556)
Posted: July 24, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· The responsibilities of the Manager, Research Billing include but are not limited, to developing and executing a best practices work-plan and manage all activities related to research patient financial billing under the direction of the Revenue Integrity and Billing Manager. Providing operational oversight of the research financial specialists staff and serve as a liaison between research billing and the clinical trials budgets and contracts staff. Engage with clinical trials administrative personnel and professional coding team to confirm billable items and services are charged appropriately and in a timely manner. Serve as a subject matter expert to the Research Patient Financial Specialists.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Preferred - Experience with Oncore, Soarian, Cerner Millennium.
- Proficiency on financial data with billing and reimbursement related experience.
- Understands charging processes and compliance issues and has the ability to provide resolutions by performing research, utilizing third party payor regulations, referencing coding guidelines, and referencing local Fiscal Intermediary and CMS guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office and is able to develop, prepare, analyze and present data clearly.
- Requires knowledge of medical terminology and understanding of CPT coding.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, supervise, train and coach staff to create an effective and high performing team.
- Manage the day to day research billing function using metrics, data and resource allocation.
- Create efficient workflows and processes.
- Provide resources to team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Nursing, HIM, Business, Healthcare Administration or relevant clinical fields required.
· A minimum of s three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory/management role.
· A minimum of o five (5) years’ experience leading teams in an operational finance, revenue cycle, or clinical healthcare environment as well as experience with CMS rules and regulations, coding and billing compliance. *In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, will consider an Associate’s degree with seven (7) years of relevant experience.*
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.