ID: 7068335 (Ref.No. hlj_26524)
Posted: July 28, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· The Lead Financial Counselor on the Business Office team is responsible for overseeing the Senior Financial Counselors, Financial Counselors, and Funding Specialist within the Business Office Department. Acts as a subject matter expert related to the financial assistance process as well as all other aspects of the Financial Counselor position. Acts as the liaison for the bad debt agencies and provides coverage for staff located at offsite campuses.
T The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Proficiency in mathematical calculations and various analysis techniques.
- Working knowledge of third party regulations, collection laws and techniques.
- Retention of educational based Revenue Cycle modules as verified by department competency requirements.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Be a resource for patients regarding their accounts including verification of benefits, financial documentation review, estimates, payment arrangements, processing payments, refund review.
- Be a resource for staff and oversee the day to day responsibilities of the Senior Financial Counselors, Financial Counselors, and Funding Specialist.
- Assists the Supervisor and Manager with quality assurance auditing of monthly KPIs and other duties as assigned.
- Working all reports and worklists as assigned as well as providing coverage for staff who are on PTO.
- Ensure all bad debt assignments are placed monthly, review patient complaints from vendors, and all worklists associated with bad debt.
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma/GED required.
· A minimum of five (5) years working in a healthcare related field with at least three (3) years focused on financial counseling.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.