ID: 7068345 (Ref.No. hlj_26708)
Posted: July 28, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This is a PRN Health Unit Coordinator position in our PRN Nursing Pool. The Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for the overall flow and coordination of activities within the patient care unit.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Recent hospital experience as a Health Unit Coordinator or Unit Secretary
- Knowledge of general clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Responsible for the overall flow and coordination of activities within the patient care unit.
- Maintains good public relations with patients, visitors, staff, and physicians, while preserving confidentiality of information related to the organization.
- Functions as preceptor for on-boarding newly hired Health Unit Coordinators, including department onboarding and unit-specific training.
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of time and attendance for team members according to payroll system policies and procedures.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School/GED diploma required
- One year experience working in a hospital or ambulatory care setting
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.