ID: 7068444 (Ref.No. hlj_26718)
Posted: July 31, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· Business Relationship Manager (BRM) has overall responsibility for serving as the strategic interface with assigned areas/business units of the Center for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. This individual serves as the business relationship linkage between the assigned area/business unit and IT; and works with internal and/or external stakeholders as a thought leader to align technology solutions with business strategies. The BRM provides highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout key IT initiatives. The incumbent facilitates, and serves as a lead, for the planning and execution of initiatives to enable the organization to achieve objectives through the effective use of technology. They also communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding service requests, projects and initiatives.
· Business Relationship Manager pro-actively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and function as the primary point of contact from IT for business stakeholders. They represent IT to the assigned area of responsibility by promoting IT’s vision, value, services, and capabilities. They also act as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs.
· Individuals in this role must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills. They work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries. Their knowledge of technology risks and opportunities are shared to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business units.
- Strategic Relationship/Planning
- Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with appropriate level key stakeholders and IT
- Understands and anticipates direction of the business area(s)/unit(s) identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to support the assigned business area(s)/unit(s) desired future state
- Leads prioritization of IT initiatives based on organization(s) needs/strategy, IT workload and budget
- Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues
- Ensures the business need is addressed by the technical solution from a conceptual standpoint
- Works with assigned area's stakeholders and technical resources to cultivate appropriate solution required to meet business goals
- Minimize business value lost during project/program execution
- Represents the business strategies and priorities to IT
- Promotes business knowledge of IT process, roles, and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome
- Ensures IT domains are aware of key business issues
- Identifies and mitigates potential problems and conflicts with IT delivery
- Leads and may champion change management activities (i.e. frequent communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change, advocacy, coaching, and mitigation of resistance to minimize disruption and achieve desired results from initiatives that are triggered/enabled by technology)
- Provides strategic consultation to business and IT teams and participates in quality reviews and provides feedback sessions
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities
- Ensures IT solutions support the organization’s short-term and long-term business goals/strategy and align with IT strategy
- Analyzes technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of organization goals
- Uses the Service Catalog to identify opportunities and may assess and provide recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing, technology, implementation, and deployment
- Business Decision Support
- Maintains awareness of changes to organization strategy, goals and processes to ensure requirements appropriately reflect the need of the organization
- Develops and advocates recommendations for solution options in conjunction with Technology Consultants
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risks associated with business decisions
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business stakeholders and IT from initial requirements to final implementation
- Manages business leadership priorities of IT projects and requests
- Stakeholder Satisfaction
- Manages stakeholders’ perceptions with all IT services
- May support and or participate in formal reporting of project status
- Recaps (monthly, quarterly, and annually, as needed) IT performance
- Ensures stakeholder’s expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms
- Develops, motivates, directs IT team members
- Recommends training programs targeting specific areas of improvement
- Mentors members of the IT team and provides input to performance reviews
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree - Computer science, Information Technology, business administration or related field
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience internal/external IT experience with a focus on customer service and/or business relationship management
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in IT management, business analysis, consulting, process engineering or solutions management or other related area
- Experience successfully leading large, complex projects and/or in business, IT consulting, management roles
- Requires leadership and negotiation skills and experience/in-depth knowledge of the business, business requirements analysis and IT process
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of IT and the service catalog, and assigned departments/business areas to identify and communicate how IT solutions can support the achievement of short- and long-term business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with key stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to effectively plan, prioritize, and accomplish goals in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work with internal teams across multiple departments, and with vendors.
- Exceptional analytic, conceptual, and problem solving abilities.
- Strong ability in use of Microsoft Applications (PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Word, Excel)
- Master’s degree - Computer science, Information Technology, business administration or related field
- BRMP or CBRM
- Relevant experience in a research, academic, scientific, or healthcare environment is a plus.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.