ID: 7068598 (Ref.No. hlj_26788)
Posted: August 6, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· This position is responsible for the preparation of the Cancer Center’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and presentations provided to management for presentation to Executive Leadership, the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, Joint Investment Committee and outside parties. Individual is the subject matter expert on bond compliance as well as on the latest accounting pronouncements applicable to the Cancer Center and provides research support as directed by the Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting and/or Director of Accounting. Responsible for assisting in the investor relations program including providing information to rating agencies, analysts and institutional investors, as needed. Individual works with insurance brokers and management to coordinate the application process for the renewal of Cancer Center’s insurance policies, and assists with coordinating updates to the Cancer Center's liability valuations.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Preferred - Hospital and Not-For-Profit Accounting.
- Preferred - Debt Compliance reporting.
- Experience with computerized financial systems/reporting packages required.
- Analytical skills with the ability to summarize and present data.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- External/Internal Financial Reporting.
- Debt/Bond Compliance.
- Coordination of Insurance renewal application process and Liability valuations.
- Polices & Procedures.
- Other duties including special projects as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or directly related Business / Finance field required.
· A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Financial Reporting with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.