ID: 7068617 (Ref.No. hlj_26460)
Posted: August 6, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· The Revenue Integrity Lead Support Specialist coordinates the priorities among the Revenue Integrity Senior Support Specialists for the timely completion of the Revenue Integrity Department initiatives and projects. Ensures a consistent charge capture and billing to promote optimal reimbursement by applying appropriate management of Code Correct initiative (CCl)/Outpatient Code Editor (OCE) edits in a timely fashion, coordinating efforts with other areas in the revenue cycle and clinical areas and analyzing the impact of coding changes.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience with Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC) reimbursement, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rules and regulations, coding and billing compliance.
- Preferred – Experience working with Cerner and Soarian applications.
- Preferred – Experience with coding and Charge Description Master (CDM) maintenance is desirable.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel, etc.
- Administrative - Coordination of priorities.
- Special Projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Finance, HIM / Coding, Healthcare or Business Administration field required.
· Certification/License in: Registered Nurse (RN) *does not have to be active,* Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
· A minimum of seven (7) years minimum experience in related healthcare field is required. Related experience may include a combination of clinical (nursing or allied health), coding, provider billing, medical records, charge audit environment, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, managed care contractual arrangements, and patient accounting required. At least two (2) years of experience should be in healthcare provider setting; preferably in infusion, radiology, surgery, pharmacy or laboratory.*Twelve (12) years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of the bachelor degree.*
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.