ID: 7068618 (Ref.No. hlj_26769)
Posted: August 6, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· The *Part-Time* Revenue Integrity Senior Support Specialist ensures a consistent charge capture and billing to promote optimal reimbursement by applying appropriate management of Code Correct initiative (CCI)/Outpatient Code Editor (OCE) edits in a timely fashion, coordinating efforts with other areas in the revenue cycle and clinical areas and analyzing the impact of coding changes.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Preferred - Experience working with Cerner and Soarian applications.
- Preferred - Experience with coding and Charge Description Master (CDM) maintenance.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Special Projects.
- Other duties including special projects as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Finance, HIM / Coding, Healthcare or Business Administration required.
· One of the following certifications and/or licensure required: Registered Nurse (RN), Certified Professional Coder ("CPC"), Certified Professional Coder- Hospital ("CPCH"), Certified Coding Specialist ("CCS"), Certified Coding Specialist - Physician-based ("CCSP") Certification, Radiation Oncology Certification Coder ("ROCC"), Certified Interventional Radiology Coder ("CIRCC"), any certification sponsored by the American Academy of Professional Coders ("AAPC"), Registered Health Information Technician ("RHIT"), Registered Health Information Administrator ("RHIA"), and/or other accredited coding certifications.
· A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in related healthcare field is required. Related experience may include a combination of clinical (nursing or allied health), coding, provider billing, medical records, charge audit environment, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, managed care contractual arrangements, and patient accounting is required.
- *-OR- A High School Diploma or equivalent and additional five (5) years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience should be in healthcare provider setting; preferably in infusion, radiology, surgery, pharmacy or laboratory.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.