ID: 7068770 (Ref.No. hlj_26845)
Posted: August 11, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt's Virtual Health program is dedicated to connecting patients and caregivers to their providers through easy to use technology without leaving the comfort of their home. The program’s primary focus has been creating a telemedicine solution for oncology patients. Moffitt’s Virtual Visits are offered as end-to-end scheduled services by many different clinicians across Moffitt including oncologist, surgeons, nurses, dietitians, social workers, genetic counselors and more.
Virtual Visits were piloted three years ago and increased in volume by over 5,000% during the pandemic. Current volumes and patient satisfaction scores prove that virtual care is here to stay. Now we are building a team to transform tele-oncology as we know it. Our goals are to create solutions that are as easy, if not easier, than in person care.
Patients can interact with clinical care teams through face-to-face video appointments using their computer or via a mobile device.
Key benefits of Virtual Visits include:
- Access your clinical care team at your convenience
- Reduced travel costs and office wait times
- One-on-one treatment and services
- Increased efficiency
We are currently looking for a Virtual Health Liaison to join the team.
- The Virtual Health Liaison (VHL) works with disease-specific, interdisciplinary teams to transform the best practice processes of in person care to virtual and digital solutions.
- The VHL uses clinical and clinical system knowledge to partner with physicians, APPs, pharmacists, nurses, pathways team members and others to design and support processes that are work-flow optimized to present, organize, and document virtual care efficiently and effectively.
- The Virtual Health Liaison serves as consultant, change agent, facilitator, application designer, tester and educator in the Virtual Health implementation process.
- The VHL monitors, supports, and reports on the usage of tools and plays a key role in identifying, designing, and implementing application process improvements.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare, Business, Academics, Design or related field.
- Experience working cross-departmentally to meet goals
- Experience supporting clinical operations and workflows
- Telemedicine experience
- Be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Design and implement best practice virtual care experiences, support and documentation tools to aid to clinicians’ processes when delivering care
- Provide support of the Virtual Health application for clinical users
- Manage and/or contribute to Virtual Health projects to improve quality, usage, integration, adoption, and department related operational processes.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or business-related fields
- Two (2) years of demonstrated business experience performing duties functioning within above stated areas of study within an academic or general hospital, clinical, medical or service industry setting
- Experience in the design, testing, implementation, training or support of clinical application functionality
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.