ID: 7068824 (Ref.No. 6c3a7d66)
Posted: August 13, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Fellow Opportunity in Research Education and Training
Manager, PhD Student Training Programs (Molecular Medicine PhD Program and other LRI-affiliated PhD Programs)
Research Education and Training Center, Lerner Research Institute
Location: Cleveland, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Postdoctoral Fellow
The Research Education and Training Center (RETC) is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to manage PhD student training programs, including the Molecular Medicine program and other PhD programs at the Lerner Research Institute. The Molecular Medicine PhD program is the graduate arm of the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University. It is a unique collaborative graduate training opportunity that integrates basic science and medical knowledge. Additionally, Lerner Research Institute offers joint doctoral programs through partnerships with Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland State University, Kent State University and the University of Akron. Altogether, the RETC supports about 150 PhD students.
Key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, managing student appointments and records, providing support and guidance to students, creating and managing program initiatives, recruiting, data management, and communicating with program directors and partner institutions. This position also involves significant interaction with the other professionals in RETC, and teamwork when needed to accomplish our training goals. Travel is required for recruiting, and evening attendance at some professional events will be expected.
Candidates should hold a PhD in a scientific discipline and:
- Understand the requirements, processes, and demands placed on PhD students conducting basic science research.
- Have strong leadership, communication, and collaborative skills.
- Be proactive, well-organized, work independently and also contribute effectively to the RETC team.
- Excel at multitasking, time management skills and juggling a variety of responsibilities.
- Bring new ideas to better serve PhD students in career development, training, and wellbeing.
- Conduct themselves professionally to the Cleveland Clinic standard.
Interested applicants should contact Dr. Christine Moravec (email@example.com) with subject line: RETC PhD Program Manager Position. Please provide the following:
- Cover Letter briefly describing your interest in the position, applicable experience, and career goals.
Please note: Professional references will be required if the candidate moves forward in the interview process.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.