ID: 7069049 (Ref.No. hlj_26920)
Posted: August 21, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Senior Director Development Services
The Senior Director of Development Operations (referred to as Associate Vice President of Development Operations) at Moffitt Cancer Foundation will be a highly experienced professional and subject matter expert having held progressively responsible positions in non-profit fundraising, preferably in a large healthcare organization. The AVP reports to the Foundation President, and sits on the Foundation’s Senior Team, who together formulate Foundation wide policies, procedures and strategy and planning. As part of this senior leadership team, the AVP will conduct strategic planning, implementation and operational oversight of key functions that provide critical support for the Foundation and enable it to achieve its goals in fundraising. The AVP will ensure the highest standards of development operations are maintained, and opportunities for improvement are continuously identified and acted upon.
The AVP of Development Operations will provide leadership and oversight for all operational areas within the Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation, including database management, data analytics; gift administration and finance, stewardship and donor relations, Development communications; software management; prospect management, administrative operations, financial operations and budgets; HR and recruitment processes; and all policies and guidelines related to these functions. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the Foundation sustains the highest reputation for development operations, to maintain the trust and confidence of Moffitt's supporters and to optimize fundraising revenues.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong understanding of the intricate processes and policies related to Development Operations
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of multiple functions within Development Operations, identify and capitalize on opportunities for leveraging people, processes, and data to increase the fundraising effectiveness of all Foundation teams
- Excellent strategic and operational planning skills
- Experience using services including but not limited to Lexis-Nexis, Wealth Engine and ResearchPoint.
- Experience preparing, analyzing, and interpreting data related to prospects, gift officer performance, etc.
- Experience preparing budgets, reconciling gift data with accounting, and other financial tasks
- Experience in recruiting and retaining staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational mission and direction; demonstrated knowledge of structure, policies, and procedures.
- Strong operational and project management skills; strong organizational skills; utilization of team facilitation and meeting skills.
- Gift Administration and Financial Management
Gift processing and receipting
Philanthropic fund analysis and reporting
Communication and interface with MRI and MMG
- Prospect Management and Data Analytics
Processes, systems, policies in prospect management to support fundraising goals
Support Gift Officer's Portfolio management
Evaluate and improve the Data Analytics function
Manage resources for data analytics
- Donor Relations
Recognition and donor stewardship policies and procedures
Update strategies in donor stewardship to maintain best practice
- Development Communications
Donor and supporter groups communications
- Board Nomination Process
Supporting the Board member nominations process
Cultivation actions and
- Board of Advisors
Oversee the management of the Board of Advisors
- Foundation staff onboarding and orientation
Oversee the member of staff that manages Foundation staff onboarding
- Foundation Budgets
Oversight of Foundation Budgets
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum of 12 years in progressively-responsible advancement services experience to include Gift Administration and Financial Management, Prospect Development and Data Analytics, Development Reporting, Database and Systems Management, and Donor Relations and Communications, Strategic Planning and Process Design
Minimum of 10 years supervisory experience in advancement services and 4 years senior management experience.Technical expertise in database management and system tools, specifically Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Access, and SQL; knowledge of IRS and CASE requirements for non-profit fundraising, with the ability to train users in the most effective use of the software
- Preferred: Master's Degree
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.