ID: 7069462 (Ref.No. hlj_27129)
Posted: September 4, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are currently looking for an Clinic Operations Manager to be responsible for the operations of the followin clinics at our Moffitt at Wesley Chapel (MWC) location:
Infusion Clinic - Patients come to this clinic to receive chemotherapy, intravenous medications and other blood products. Equipped to offer all of the latest technologies in a single convenient location, our Infusion Clinic provides blood and platelet transfusions, blood draws, hydration therapy, intravenous antibiotic infusions, injections, pharmaceutical services and pump disconnections, as well as traditional intravenous chemotherapy infusions.
Blood Draw Clinic - Patients receive labwork and bloodwork services so Moffitt’s Pathology Program can perform Cellular tissue or organ examinations, Molecular tissue or organ examinations, Evaluations of tumor characteristics, Blood analyses, Urine analyses, DNA analyses, Tissue analyses and Genetics evaluations
- The Clinic Operations Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective management and coordination for all aspects of service delivery of the clinic.
- This role will work collaboratively with nurses, department physicians, mid-levels, administrators, and staff to provide the highest quality patient care, promoting Total Cancer Care.
- Responsibilities include supervision of assigned staff, which may include RNs, LPNs, Medical Technologists, Medical Assistants, Patient Lift Specialist and others assigned to the clinic.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will the following:
- 5 years of nursing leadership experience in:
- an Oncology based healthcare setting or
- an Ambulatory health care setting
- Infusion/chemotehrapry experience as a registered nurse
- Experience as a registered nurse in a blood draw clinic with high patient volume
- 2 years of experience in a physician practice or ambulatory setting
- Master’s Degree or currently enrolled in Master’s program in Nursing from an institution accredited by the ACEN or CCNE
- OCN certification
- Chemotherapy Certification
- 5 years of nursing leadership experience in:
- Openly support and consistently communicate mission of the unit/department and the organization.
- Participate in the development of the clinical areas' strategic and operational plans.
- Manage day to day clinic operations of patient care. Ensure the competency of all staff, and develop and implement consistent practices, processes and procedures. Ensure efficient use of patient and staff time, and optimize patient flow and resource utilization. Respond to the changing needs of the outpatient practice, and provide trained and competent staff, functional and safe physical environment, and appropriate supplies.
- Coordinate all aspects of clinic operations including support from ancillary and support departments. Prospectively monitor patient volumes and provider availability to ensure appropriate patient assignment and workload distribution. Oversee the revenue cycle from patient registration to checkout and all appropriate technical billing.
- Ensure appropriate integration of clinical trials as needed into outpatient environment.
- Patient/Family Centered Care – Promote continuity of care between inpatient, outpatient, community and home care settings. Address clinical and service-related issues to the optimal resolution for the patient, family and organization. Collaborate and involve patient and family in all aspects of care, and ensure appropriate education throughout the continuum of care.
- Human Resources – Responsible for staff adherence to all Moffitt policies and procedures. Hire and retain competent staff. Mentor, develop and coach staff to optimize their skills. When necessary, use progressive discipline to align staff with the organization and department.
- Identify and advocate for resources to provide adequate and safe staffing levels. Optimize staff productivity and promote a positive and productive environment, encouraging teamwork and bi- directional communication.
- Professional Development, Teamwork, Research – Participate in Departmental, program and institutional committees and task forces. Facilitate professional development of staff and self. Identify and facilitate implementation of best practices and process improvement and research opportunities.
- Actively support and promote a professional practice model that encourages staff participation in the development of clinical standards that is collaborative, collegial and utilizes evidence based practices and data in professional practice (clinical and administrative).
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution
- FL RN License
- BLS Certification
- 3 years of progressive leadership experience
- 2 years of experience in a physician office or ambulatory setting preferred
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.