ID: 7069742 (Ref.No. BSU22478)
Posted: September 13, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provide administrative and office organization support for the CASD (Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders)
Job Function:Provide administrative and office organization support for the CASD (Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders)
Minimum Education:Up to eighteen months of education or training beyond high school in business, management, education or related field or equivalent.
Minimum Experience:1-3 years of related experience; excellent communication skills; working knowledge of word processing software.
Preferred Experience:Knowledge of university operations and software (e.g. Banner) and experience working with individuals with disabilities, such as autism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the CASD; manage office and use of equipment and supplies; prepare correspondence and presentation materials; schedule events/locations; assist in office publications and reports including creating designs, templates, and editing of reports; keep up to date on University and center procedures and equipment; assist with coordination of maintaining grants awarded; maintain database of center, department, university and community contacts, send out CASD updates and information to contacts.
- Maintain and oversee departmental budgets and expenditures; includes prepare purchase orders and journal vouchers. Reconcile purchases and budgets for the Center Operations and CASD projects; ensure equipment and purchases are properly inventoried and tagged upon arrival; maintain records of equipment across CASD projects.
- Provide reception and intake support for office; answer telephones, screen calls, forward messages accurately; welcome visitors to the CASD; answer questions about the center; direct messages and visitors to the appropriate faculty/project/service.
- Facilitate communications between CASD faculty, staff, graduate assistants, and student workers; relay changes in center, department, or university procedures; identify appropriate university resources or departments for CASD faculty, staff and students to utilize in meeting CASD project goals and service provision; follow-up on tasks and requests to meet deadlines and ensure responses are made in a timely manner; assist with obtaining updates from CASD projects.
- Coordinate communications with administrative personnel in the home departments of Center faculty as needed; serve as liaison to other departments of the university including contracts and grants, purchasing and other departments.
- Ensure working equipment; maintain appropriate levels of office supplies; ensure renewal dates for equipment; contracts, software licenses or other materials are met.
- Train and monitor reception area student staff as well as graduate, undergraduate students employed in CASD projects on essential CASD operations and procedures; prepare and maintain training manual; interview and make employment recommendations; conduct training for reception area students; maintain records of training of students in required center, department and university trainings; monitor quality assurance of student work; verify absence reports; maintain personnel files; maintain all information in a confidential manner.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the center staff and faculty for university business and national and professional conferences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Assist with PDIC check-ins or other clinic related duties as needed.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.