ID: 7069747 (Ref.No. BSU22437)
Posted: September 13, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Institutional brand advocate who facilitates the university's overarching marketing plans, and objectives. Accountable for ensuring the clear articulation of branding, strategic alignment, messaging, and positioning are reflected in the creative execution of all marketing materials. Partner with assigned colleges/units to identify and execute communication strategies targeted to external audiences including: prospective students, donors, alumni, and influencers.
Job Function:Institutional brand advocate who facilitates the university's overarching marketing plans, and objectives. Accountable for ensuring the clear articulation of branding, strategic alignment, messaging, and positioning are reflected in the creative execution of all marketing materials. Partner with assigned colleges/units to identify and execute communication strategies targeted to external audiences including: prospective students, donors, alumni, and influencers.
Minimum Education:Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Preferred Education:Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, public relations, communications, or related field from an accredited institution.
Minimum Experience:At least two years of professional experience in journalism, public relations, and advertising, copywriting/editing, or related field; and demonstrated experience managing complex, high-profile, time sensitive projects.
Preferred Experience:Three years of professional experience, including direct client contact in a public relations or advertising agency, not-for- profit organization, or university environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with leadership of assigned university units to identify external and internal communications needs and to develop strategic marketing and communications plans and programs to meet those needs and align with university goals. Serve as primary point of contact in marketing and communications for assigned units.
- Plan, design, and conduct appropriate primary and secondary research to provide the necessary background for developing communications strategies and tactics, as well as to assess effectiveness of various communications tactics and vehicles.
- Lead/serve on creative teams to develop or provide original content for appropriate marketing and communications materials, including printed publications, direct mail, advertisements, digital marketing, and other electronic media (i.e., video, photo).
- Conceptualize, write, and/or edit (to include writing original copy, rewriting portions of client-prepared copy, or editing client prepared copy for content, tone, style, grammar, completeness, institutional messages and identity, harmony with communications plan objectives, and state and federal regulatory compliance) copy for a variety of mediums.
- With the support of project teams, oversee production of publications and act to resolve any problems.
- Develop, monitor and adhere to project production schedules; communicate routinely and thoroughly with manager and clients about work progress; and keep project management system current.
- Serve on the crisis communication team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.