ID: 7069791 (Ref.No. hlj_27237)
Posted: September 15, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· The Cash Application Specialist applies all cash received and maintains an accurate cash flow process by maintaining a current and correct reflection of our accounts receivable (“AR”) aging and customer accounts. They manage every aspect of cash such as customer deposits, unapplied, unspecified, and inter company. They are responsible of balancing to bank summaries daily. Must be proficient in Excel, good communication skills and reliable attendance a must.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Proficient in reading and understanding an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and 835 remits.
- Knowledge of payer contracts.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Accurately balance each payment batch after posting.
- Accurately and timely post all cash received from the previous days deposits.
- Make sure that all patient/2ndary payer responsibility is transferred appropriately.
- Ensure that that all downloads of the previous days deposits are accurate.
- Ensure all documents of the cash posted for the day is scanned into daily cash folder.
- Posting all $0.00 payments on accounts with a denial.
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma/GED required.
· A minimum of two (2) years of experience in hospital/physician cash posting along with a minimum one (1) year of customer service experience required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.