ID: 7069793 (Ref.No. hlj_27232)
Posted: September 15, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· As a Financial Clearance Specialist at Moffitt Cancer Center, you are responsible for reviewing scheduled appointments, planned surgeries and planned admissions to ensure all aspects of insurance approval have been met for each encounter. Your attention to detail is critical as you review each patient’s treatment plan and insurance benefits to ensure that all information is accurate and that pre-certification or authorization is obtained from the payor and/or primary care physician. You must be highly methodical and focused and make effective use of your time to achieve your daily performance goals. Successful Financial Clearance Specialists have strong computer skills, are comfortable with medical terminology, are organized and thrive in a highly structured environment. Supporting the unique needs of cancer patients, Financial Clearance Specialists must remain calm under pressure and work comfortably with tight deadlines and competing priorities. Members of the Financial Clearance Specialist team work independently but are flexible and collaborate to ensure that the department’s goals are met.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience and or certification in one of the cancer specialties (Infusion, Radiation Oncology, Surgery, BMT or Call Center) in lieu of prior Patient Access experience when applicable for the position.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel, etc..
- Ensure all aspects of insurance approval, according to each patient’s insurance benefits, have been met for each patient encounter by reviewing scheduled appointments, planned surgeries and planned admissions. Accurately capture information / document in the registration system the correct payor and health plan, procedure and diagnosis codes and identification numbers.
- Obtain pre-certification or authorization from payor and/or primary care physician.
- Provide customer service / communicate with ordering providers, patients and insurance company representatives to obtain and share regular status updates.
- Other job-specific duties as assigned / consistent with level on career ladder.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma/GED required.
· A minimum of one (1) year minimum experience in data processing, hospital registration, insurance verification, insurance pre-certification / authorization with a healthcare provider or insurance company required. At least one (1) year related healthcare revenue cycle or customer service experience required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.